Congratulations on your achievement!
The following information is very important to make your day successful and memorable. The commencement is not mandatory, but we do encourage you to celebrate this milestone.
Graduation can be a bit choatic! The Graduation Checklist is here to help! Here is a checklist of items you need to prepare for the commencement: Graduation Checklist
PRIOR TO COMMENCEMENT — Before December 8th, 2017
The Office of the Registrar sends approval and denial letters to each student who applies for graduation. The address they use is the one you provided on your admissions application. If your address has changed, please update your contact information with Registrar as soon as possible. You are also welcome to check with the Office of Registrar to confirm the status of your petition.
Three graduation rehearsals will take place at the NTU Wellness Center (Main Campus) on:
- November 30th, 2017 at 2:00PM
- December 7th, 2017 at 10:00AM
- December 7th, 2017 at 2:00PM
Chinle and Teec Nos Pos students: please contact your site for information on shuttle services to the main campus.
All graduates are required to attend ONE of the rehearsals prior to graduation. The purpose of the rehearsal is for each of you to understand how the commencement will take place and if there will be any issues.
The NTU Cafeteria will host a day for graduates to eat for free. Each graduate will be allowed two additional free meals for two guests. Any other guests will have to pay for their meal, including children. No tickets will be issued, just sign in you and two guests at the front cashier's desk in the cafeteria.
DAY OF COMMENCEMENT — Friday, December 8th, 2017
Reminder: all graduates are still held to the same expectations and standards outlined in the NTU Student Handbook. Any graduates who violate these policies wil be asked to leave the commencement ceremony.
- NTU does recommended formal attire, preferably traditional Navajo clothing.
- Women – Take extra precautions while wearing high heels because the route does require several stairs.
- Graduates are required to wear a cap and gown with the colors that signify the certificate or degre they are receiving.
- For graduates that are receiving more than one certificate and/or degree, please wear the cap and gown of higher degree awarded. For example, if you are getting a Certificate in Legal Assistant and an Associate in Law Advocate, you are required to wear the black associate cap and gown.
- Parking passes will be distributed through the STEAM Lab and at rehearsal times.
- The passes will allow you to enter through the front entrance to void traffic on the day of the graduation.
- The passes are only valid between 7:00AM - 8:30AM. After 8:30AM, all incoming traffic will be diverted to the northern entrance, which could cause delays. Therefore, we recommend that you come early.
- If you are in the same car as your special guests, you are allowed to park in the graduate parking area. One space per graduate. All other special guests will be sent to the general parking spaces.
- Graduate Parking Map – Here is a printable map that shows where graduate parking is located. If you do decide to park in the general parking area, shuttle services are available.
|7:00AM||Arrive and Park|
|8:00AM||Doors Open for Graduates Only
Graduates will meet on the 2nd floor of the Student Union Building. Family, friends, and guests are not allowed in the area due to the limited space.
|9:45AM||Assembly and Order of March
The doors to the second floor will be closed to begin the assembly of the commencement processional. If you come late, you are welcome to wait in front of the Student Union Building and notify an usher. The usher will put you in the correct position in the assembly. Your name card will be given to you when you reach the stage during the conferring of degrees.
|10:00AM||Processional Begins with Medicine Man|
Graduates will be seated in the central area in front of the stage. Please review the following seating chart. For those students receiving more then one certificate and/or degree, please sit with the higher degree awarded and notify an usher of your role in going on to the stage more then one time.
Etiquette and Rules
|11:30AM||Recessional Begins with Medicine Man
|12:00PM||Refreshments of Cake and Punch
NTU's Job Placement program is here to help you find a job after graduation or continue your education. From now until after graduation, we are here to support your goals and help you find the resources to continue your success.
Here are some services provided by the Job Placement Program:
- Résumé Development
- Interview Development
- Job Search
- Career Aptitude Test
- Goal Setting
We want to see you succeed and remember you are the pilot of your future!
Please contact Lemanuel Loley at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. The Job Placement Program is located on the second floor of the Student Union Building in Room #223.