Welcome Family and Friends of the NTU Skyhawk Graduates!
NTU would like to extend our appreciation for supporting our graduates throughout their experience. We are also honored by your participation in our Commencement Ceremony.
Tickets are no longer required to attend the ceremony. However, seating will be first-come first-serve, until we reach full capacity.
The nearest international airport is the Albuquerque International Sunport in Albuquerque, NM, which is located approximately 140 miles east of Crownpoint, NM.
The nearest municipal airport is the Gallup Municipal Airport in Gallup, NM, which is located approximately 62 miles southwest of Crownpoint, NM.
The nearest location for lodging would be in Gallup, NM, which is located approximately 60 miles southwest of Crownpoint, NM.
Please visit the Gallup-McKinley County Chamber of Commerce Lodging & Travel site for more information on lodgning locations.
- All special guests are welcome to park in the general parking areas located on the map.
- NTU Transportation Services will be providing shuttles to and from the parking lots located on the map.
- Handicapped/Disabled Parking will be located directly in front of the Student Union Building. You must have a Handicap placards are required for any vehicle wishing to park in this area.
The doors will open to the Student Union Building at 9:00AM, which will be the main entrance to the Wellness Center.
Commencement Etiquette and Rules
- Strollers are not allowed in the Wellness Center, where the ceremony will take place.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Wellness Center. However, the lobby in the Student Union Building does have tables and chairs for snacks and drinks.
- Clappers, horns, and other noisemakers are not allowed in the Wellness Center.
- Streamers and confetti are also not allowed in the Wellness Center for safety reasons.
- Balloons and flowers are permitted in the Wellness Center, as long as they are not obstructing views of other guests.
An official NTU photographer will be on site taking pictures of all graduates during the commencement ceremony. If you would like to review the pictures, visit NTU’s Facebook page to download the photos about two weeks after the ceremony. During the commencement, family and friends will not be allowed to enter the graduation floor.