All faculty have made a substantial impact on the graduates. It would be a wonderful honor for them to have you present during their special day. Faculty are required to attend the commencement ceremony, even if your department will not be graduating any students.
Graduation Shout Outs
Faculty are also invited to send a special shout out to an individual graduate, graduates of their program or all graduates. Follow the link below to submit your congratulatory remarks:
Graduation Shout Out Form
Faculty are also required to wear academic regalia for the commencement ceremony. Faculty are responsible for renting or purchasing their own caps and gowns, as needed.
All faculty, especially the Faculty Hooders, are encouraged to attend one of the following rehearsals:
- May 3rd, 2018 at 2:00PM in the NTU Wellness Center
- May 10th, 2018 at 10:00AM in the NTU Wellness Center
- May 10th, 2018 at 2:00PM in the NTU Wellness Center
The rehearsal is your opportunity to ask questions and voice your conerns
Prior to the commencement ceremony, ALL faculty will:
- Gather in the STEAM Lab (Room #145 of the Student Union Building).
- Receive a boutonniere from the Faculty Usher
- Participate in the procession
During the distribution of degrees, the Faculty Usher will be escorting faculty to and from the stage. Please notify the Faculty Usher if you will be leaving your seat for any reason during the conferring of degrees.
Faculty will be seated on the east side of the Wellness Center. Please review the following seating chart.
- Faculty Parking Map – Here is a printable map that shows where faculty parking is located.
- Do NOT park in the general parking area. We have designated this area for family and friends of the graduates.
For more information on the roles of faculty members, please contact Jerlynn Henry, Dean of Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 505.786.4104