All faculty have made a substantial impact on the graduates. It would be a wonderful honor for them to have you present during their special day. Faculty are required to attend the commencement ceremony, even if your department will not be graduating any students.
Faculty are also required to wear academic regalia for the commencement ceremony. Faculty are responsible for renting or purchasing their own caps and gowns, as needed.
All faculty, especially the Faculty Hooders, are encouraged to attend one of the following rehearsals:
- December 5th, 2019 at 2:00PM in the NTU Wellness Center
- December 12th, 2019 at 10:00AM in the NTU Wellness Center
- December 12th, 2019 at 2:00PM in the NTU Wellness Center
The rehearsal is your opportunity to ask questions and voice your conerns
Prior to the commencement ceremony, ALL faculty will:
- Gather in the Game Room (Room #141 of the Student Union Building) BEFORE 9:45AM.
- Receive a boutonniere from the Faculty Usher
- Participate in the procession
During the distribution of degrees, the Faculty Usher will be escorting faculty to and from the stage. Please notify the Faculty Usher if you will be leaving your seat for any reason during the conferring of degrees.
Faculty will be seated on the east side of the Wellness Center. Please review the following seating chart.
A designated faculty member will be hooding the candidates of the master’s degrees only. Department chairs will determine the hooders and will notify them.
When the time comes, the Faculty Usher will escort the faculty members to the stage. One faculty member will hood the student. However, the stage can hold up to two (2) people, if another faculty member would like to be on stage.
The only program that requires hooding is the Masters of Arts (M.A.) Diné Culture, Language, and Leadership.
Here is a video that demonstrates how to properly hood a student:
- Parking is open to NTU families and guests
- There are specific parking areas for NTU staff and faculty, VIP guests, and handicap.
- Faculty Parking Map – Here is a printable map that shows where faculty parking is located.
- Do NOT park in the general parking area. We have designated this area for family and friends of the graduates.
For more information on the roles of faculty members, please contact Jerlynn Henry, Dean of Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 505.786.4104